Monday 30 April 2018

VOICE TYPING

I will always choose a lazy person to do a difficult job because a lazy person will find an easy way to do it.

Bill Gates

And here I come!

Let me tell you my story.
I really wanted to get away from the coursebook and to stick to it at the same time.
What I mean is to take out the content and let it live its own life.
- Scanning the page?
- Nah !!! - I thought with the disgust. - Still the same text but just a blackandwhite version.
- Typing it into a .doc file?
- Sounds better. - My internal dialogue continued. - More ways of adapting it to my needs. BUT no way I'm spending my precious time exerting myself to move the very same text from a page to my computer trying to coordinate my eye movement, the moves of my fingers and straining my short-term memory !!!

Then I thought:
"It would be a perfect thing if I just said something and it would happen."
And that's how I made friends with Google Docs Voice Typing option.

If you don't know it yet, find it out asap here:

Google Docs Voice Typing - Text Version

Google Docs Voice Typing - Video Version

Google Docs Voice Typing - More Commands In Action

And it can be used
⇸ not only to dictate the reading comprehension text and exercise from the coursebook
⇸ but also to copy any exercise from the coursebook so you can adapt it to your needs,
⇸ or to create any type of exercise you need, e.g.

↷ lists of words which you can later use in a number of different types of tasks and with the help of different types of tools,
↷ the same with sentences to practice a grammar point or vocabulary,
↷ as well as writing tasks to be jazzed-up;
↷ and so on and so forth.

After all, we are creative beings and

[c]reativity is inventing, experimenting, growing, taking risks, breaking rules, making mistakes and having fun.

Mary Lou Cook

No comments:

Post a Comment